AppliedMicro or AMCC is a company who develop Embedded Processor Technology. They are Fabless Semiconductor firm specializing in network and embedded Power Architecture.
They have Single Core Processor types like APM80186- Lanai and Multi-Core the APM86791- Keelback. A Cloud Computing X-gene Server class ARM 64-bit processor. Many Connectivity Products for Ethernet, Optical, SDH/SONET etc.
“Advanced SoC architecture offers flexible energy management that enables multiple power savings modes, including a “deep sleep” mode with operating power of less than 200mW.
AppliedMicro’s APM86190 offers secure boot and authentication and state of the art crypto capabilities that address a variety of mission critical and sensitive system applications.”
- Single Core Power465 processor with a floating point-unit
- CPU speed (frequency): 800 MHz to 1.5 GHz
- Three Gen 2 PCI Express interfaces with x1 and x4 operations
- USB 2.0 – 2 H/D, 1 OTG, with integrated PHY
- Embedded volatile and non-volatile private key storage
- Two serial ports (16750-compliant UARTs) with 64 byte FIFOs
- Two Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps MACs ……
Applied Micro Circuits Corporation
215 Moffett Park Drive Sunnyvale, CA 94089