SSR or Solid State Relay or Electronic Relay – This is a Thyristor Based Normally Open 230V Switch that can be turned on / off at a fast rate. This switches at Zero Crossover .Built In Snubber reduces EMI and protects the SSR. USE SAME PHASE FOR I/P & O/P.
- No moving parts hence no wear and tear.
- Dissipates Heat when in On Condition.
- Use adequate Heat Sink or SSR will fail. ( 10g / Amp)
- Dissipation is 1.5 Watts per Amp thru Load.
- Input to Output is optically isolated 2kV.
- This one is AC 230V Control AC 230V N.O. Output.
- Off state snubber Leakage is around 5 mA.
The Termination’s of High Current Lines going to Load must be very tight and crimped. Loose contacts will Spark and cause Fire.
Fuse Rating of HRC Fuse – High Rupture Capacity (HRC) Fuse is Safe and Reliable. 5kW Heater at 230V is 5,000 / 230 in Amps of Fuse Rating.