FreeRTOS is the cross platform de facto standard for embedded microcontrollers. FreeRTOS is designed to be simple and easy to use: Only 3 source files that are common to all RTOS ports, and one microcontroller specific source file are required, and its API is designed to be simple and intuitive.
Scaleable real time kernel designed specifically for small embedded systems. FreeRTOS is truly free, even for use in commercial applications. The FreeRTOS license does not pose any risk to your proprietary software.
STM32 Connectivity Line ARM Cortex-M3 demo Including a uIP Embedded Web Server Example.
- Free RTOS kernel – preemptive, cooperative and hybrid configuration options.
- The SafeRTOS derivative product provides a high level of confidence in the code integrity.
- Official support for 23 architectures (counting ARM7 and ARM Cortex M3 as one architecture each).
- FreeRTOS-MPU supports the Cortex M3 Memory Protection Unit (MPU).
- Designed to be small, simple and easy to use.
- Free development tools (Cortex-M3, ARM7, MSP430, H8/S, AMD, AVR, x86 and 8051 ports).
Microchip publish an application note showing how to integrate their libraries and stacks with FreeRTOS.