The Intersil ICL7106 and ICL7107 are high performance, low power, 31/2 digit A/D converters. Included are seven segment decoders, display drivers, a reference, and a clock. The ICL7106 is designed to interface with a liquid crystal display (LCD) and includes a multiplexed backplane drive; the ICL7107 will directly drive an instrument size light emitting diode (LED) display.
- Guaranteed Zero Reading for 0V Input on All Scales
- True Polarity at Zero for Precise Null Detection
- 1pA Typical Input Current
- True Differential Input and Reference, Direct Display Drive
- LCD ICL7106, LED lCL7107
- Low Power Dissipation – Typically Less Than 10mW
This is one of the first mixed CMOS IC, I used it after studying Intersil CMOS Hot Ideas Book. It is also the most widely used Display chip. Many Millions of Instruments are built using this chip both in Instrumentation and Industrial Automation. The ICL7106 was most popular in Hand Held DMM’s and Clamp Meters as it used to drive a LCD Display. ICL7109 was to interface with Digital Comparators and Microprocessors