The interactive and animated applets are part of the Introductory Course on Power Electronics taught by Prof. Kolar at the ETH Zurich.
Applets to See – are the simple Buck-converter and the Rotating Three-Dimensional Field
More pages of Compulsory Reading for Students
- Part I – An Overview of AC/AC-Converter Topologies
- iPES-Circuits – DC/DC converters, thyristor converter, AC/DC inverter.
- iPES-Circuits+ – Power electronic systems of higher complexity in industry.
- iPES-Thermal – Dimensioning and operation of power electronic converters
- iPES-EMFields – Electrostatic, magnetic fields, permeability, inductor design.
- iPES-AET – Operational Amplifier – Applications.
Power Electronics Simulation -Specialized Software to meet demands of Power Electronics Engineers. Gecko-Research is engaged in numerical simulations of circuits, control, 3D-thermal, electromagnetics, reliability issues and system optimization.