Molecubes Bionic Learning Network Festo – “Molecubes – an attractive programmable robotics system Molecubes could play a significant role in technical training in the near future. These cubes, fitted with computer chips, can be successively attached to each other.”
Festo Bionic Learning Network
“Bionic design principles serve as the basis for the development of new gripper technology for flexible adaptive grasping in the mechanical handling industry…”
Here Festo is helping students of Robotics and Automation learn from nature’s intricate and sophisticated Nueromuscular Systems. I am using the word Nueromuscular in a different way, here it means Wires (Nerves), Control System (Brain, Spinal cord), Solenoids & Valves (Muscular System).
These Bionic Systems can also be used the other way around, they can be designed for Reinforcing/Replacing Weak or Lost Limbs. Even a person with a handicap, can do most tasks on his own, aided by the Bionic Appendages.
Study These Resources to understand Bionics which is closely related to Robotics and Automation.
- Bionics – Replacing biological parts with artificial parts
- Berkeley Bionics – Lower extremity exoskeletons
- Bionics for the Evil Genius: 25 Build-it-Yourself Projects
- Bionics and Bio-Inspired Technology
- Project Bionics – The History of Artificial Organs
- DLR – Institut für Robotik und Mechatronik – Bionics
- IEEE Spectrum: Bionics