An integrated circuit simulator. Sketch the circuit and simulate the large-signal, small-signal and noise behavior of the circuit. After that simulation has finished you can generate and display the simulation results on the presentation output page.
The Qucs GUI is well advanced and allows setting up schematics and presenting simulation results in various types of diagrams. DC, AC, S-parameter, noise and transient analysis is possible, mathematical equations and use of a subcircuit hierarchy (with parameterised subcircuits) are available. Qucs can also import existing SPICE models for use in your simulations.
EDA and Technical Software Components
- ADMS — Verilog-A translator
- ps2sp.pl — A SPICE preprocessor
- ASCO (A SPICE Circuit Optimizer)
- FreeHDL — for VHDL digital simulations
- Icarus Verilog — for Verilog-HDL digital simulations
- GNU Octave — for Octave interactive interface